Someone told me they've been following my blog.

Argghh! That is so hair-raising!

Then someone else asked me what's in my blog... I didn't know how to answer. Nothing, i suppose. Everything, i think. Depends on how you see it.

I've always found writing to be a very good outlet for me. That's why i've so many notebooks lying around, half filled. But i've never been able to write well, write true and write brave. Because to be a writer, a real one - you need honestly write down everything. Even the imagined scary parts that you may get nightmares of. Or the embarassing lovey dovey moments. Maybe a little erotica. You cannot write well until you are able to write out all the nitty gritty details you would rather flush down the toilet.

AND ...

You have to put up a brave face and say, yes i wrote that. Swallow all the criticism and move on to the next success story or failure. Writers, especially the ones with published works, i'm sure have moments in their career when they would rather throw into a bonfire. That's what i'm afraid of, too. What if it comes back to haunt me? Or like this girl i know, get her fired from her job?

What is the actual price we pay, when we want to express ourselves AND expose them to the world?

Okay, okay. i would not mind too much, perhaps one day, i might get there.

To have an opinion. To say it out loud. And to say it with my head held high. (I need to work on it, definitely.) Sometimes i think i'm ashamed of myself.

SONG FOR A MOOD
Little Fairy - Rene Liu. I just realised that it's been 12 years since this song first saw the light of day. This album, Outwandering is one of my all time favourites. Each song touches me and tends to warm and mellow me up. (whatever that means) Little Fairy seems to suit this cold, wet season. It begins with ... Imagine rainfall in winter ... Rene Liu took a more commercial turn after this album, so if it sounds terribly unfamiliar, unpolished and endearingly folk, it's now her past. I miss that Rene. Enjoy it while you can.

Comments (0)