A few days and it'll be Christmas. There's this book by Charles Dickens where the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge (an immortal name) is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.

This past few days, somehow feels like i've been visited by my Ghost of Past. To nonchalantly say, Hi! is a tough, tough thing to do. i think i would rather face an angry crowd of Harry Potter fans on embargo day than visit a deep grey pool, hidden inside my Norwegian wood. (For i turned a corner and nearly fell into it.) My advise to anyone is it is good to have closure (of any kind) or you'll always feel awkward or even cowardly when you meet that someone again.

On the other hand, i've been complaining about missing sleep, as usual. Apart from updating this blog right into midnight, i've been busy reading. Corydon has taken a strange shade, somewhat like an allegory of war now. i hope with all my heart, it doesn't fall flat.

So a song that suits both my sentimental, nostalgic mood (if you understand the lyrics), and a lullaby to boot. There was a time when this album sat in my cassette player for nearly half a year, i'd play it at night without fail, keeping me company in dreamland. It opened an entire world of music for me.

SONG FOR A MOOD
Remember the Time - Johnny Chen. It may sound obscure, but Johnny Chen made me start to see R&B in a different light, and learn to study the credits of composer, lyricist, arrangement & producer, creating a new realm of possibilities to my music appreciation. This song is from his second album, Because of Love. Sleep well.

Comments (0)